Looks like Handknit. Feels like a Handknit. Durable as Handknit, but knit on a loom in Ireland. An excellent price superb Aran.
This gorgeous Irish Aran sweater, available in natural, red and blue is made in Ireland by traditional crafting families using 100% Pure Merino Wool.
As a unisex traditional Aran jumper, it is one of our best sellers. It’s shown here as a ladies sweater but it and can be worn by both men and women, it has elements of that ‘boyfriend’ style jumper too it, adding to the all-round authentic hand knit Irish look.
The sweater follows all the traditional Irish Aran stitching patterns that have been passed down from generation to generation, which in older days told stories of families and life in Ireland. Along the centre panel of the body the honeycomb Aran stitch flows, signifying the hard working bee or the hard work of a fisherman, who have been wearing this style for centuries. On either side of this centre panelling there are rows of Irish cable Aran stitches resembling the fisherman’s ropes, the link to life.
- Extremely warm and durable, as it is stitched in the traditional Aran style.
- This jumper tells a story through Irish knitting
- Normal delivery time is between 2 - 10 days
- Buying from the USA and Canada? We offer free shipping for orders over $100.
- Got a question? Ask us at [email protected]